What is CTR?
Click-through rate (CTR) is the number of clicks your ads get divided by the number of times your ad was shown.
This means that when you run an ad campaign. Your CTR tells you what percentage of people who see your ad end up clicking on it.
How to calculate your CTR?
Calculating your CTR is very easy. Just divide the number of clicks in a specific time period. By the number of times, your ad was shown for that time period.
if you want to know what is your CTR during the past week. Then take the total number of clicks that occurred in that week and divide it by the number of times your ad was shown that week.
In a given time period you got 50 clicks and had 500 impressions. Your CTR would be calculated as follows: – 50 clicks / 500 impressions = 0.1 CTR= 10%
Why does knowing your Clickthrough Rate matter?
Clickthrough rate is very important because it tells you how effective your ads are.Clickthrough rate is very important because it tells you how effective your ads are. #CTR Click To Tweet
Google Ads uses CTR to determine which ad ranking position is most relevant for your keyword.
This means that the higher your click-through rate, the more likely you are to have a good ad position.
What factors affect my ClickThrough Rate?
There are many factors that can affect your CTR.
Some of them are:
- The Quality of your ad: If your ad is unappealing or irrelevant for users, they will not click it even if it’s well served (given high impression count).
- Your bid (your bid informed the Google ads system to show your ad often): If you bid very high for your keyword, it will keep your ad in the top positions but because your bid is too high, there are chances that users won’t click on it due to its higher price (per click).
- Competition level: If the competition for a certain keyword is very high, users will not be interested in clicking on your ad even if it’s relevant to their search query.
- A mismatch with your target audience: If your ad is not relevant to the users’ interest, they won’t click on it.
- The quality of your landing page: If you have a low-quality website, users will bounce back to their search engine or feed. Which will lead to a high bounce rate.
- The number of times the user saw your ad (Impressions): If your ad is shown too often, users will ignore it.
What can I do to improve my Click through Rate?
1. Use relevant ad copy.
It’s important that you use relevant ad copies. To make it easy for people to understand what your offer is and why they should click on your ads. When creating your ad copies, ensure that you write in a way that the audience could easily identify with.Make it easy for people to understand what your offer is and why they should click on your ads. #lowerctr Click To Tweet
2. Use relevant keywords in your ad copy.
Using targeted keywords in your ad copies will help you get more clicks. Because it allows targeting of specific search terms used by potential customers at any given time. Depending on their needs and wants. This way, you will reach out to the people who are actually looking for what you offer.
3. Use relevant images in your ads.
Make sure the image you use for your ad is related to the product or service you are offering. So that people can identify with it and click on your ad.
4. Get more targeted clicks.
One of the best ways to get more targeted clicks is to use ad extensions, specifically call extensions and location extensions. With these, you can show your phone number and physical address directly on your advertisements, so potential customers can contact you immediately. Moreover, it helps show people where your business is located physically, even if they are not located near your location.One of the best ways to get more targeted clicks is to use ad extensions. #CTR Click To Tweet
5. Splittest different versions of ads, ad copy, and images.
One way to improve on the CTR of your ads is to test out new versions, ad copies and images periodically so that you can determine which ones work best for you. Testing will help increase your chances of figuring out the more effective ad copies that will appeal to more people.
A high click-through rate is an indication of a well-performing ad and can help you save money on your advertising budget. It also shows that your advertisements are likely to be more relevant to the target audience, who will end up clicking on them. This means you’ll get more targeted clicks and leads for your business.