What is brand awareness?
Brand awareness is the ability of a consumer to recall the name of your company, brand, or product. When they’re asked about it. On another note, brand awareness occurs if you can get the attention of potential clients who have never heard of you. But have some interest in what you have to offer.
The effect of brand awareness on consumer behavior
The main goal of consumers is to buy products that best suit their needs and give them the most value for money. Therefore, what you want to do to raise brand awareness is ensure that your product is one that potential customers can recall when thinking about buying something in its category.
For example, if someone wants to buy clothes, you want them to remember your brand instead of the competition. However, in order for this to happen, they need to know and understand that what you offer is better than what your competitors have to offer.
How can you improve your brand awareness?
There are many ways to improve your brand awareness. Some recommended methods are:
- Go to trade shows or events where you will meet potential clients face-to-face and show them what you have in terms of products, services, etc.
- Participate in social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Publish your own blog where you will write about what type of products or services you have. In terms of trends in the market, forecasts, etc.
- Follow up with all your potential clients after every sale call to ask for feedback.
- Offer incentives so that they are more likely to tell their friends about your business and recommend your products to them.
- Make sure you’re offering a better product than the competition, as well as better customer service. As this will play a significant role in getting people talking about you.
- Make it easy for potential clients to find information about you. By always updating your website, press releases and developing a good reputation.
How to increase consumer awareness for a new product launch?
Brand awareness is not only necessary for a client’s purchase decision but also critical to the success of a company. For example, if you have an online business, people will not have any reason to buy your products or services if they are unaware that you exist.
Therefore, to successfully launch your new product, it is important to add brand awareness to your list of goals. Here are some important tips on how to increase consumer awareness:
- Make sure you’re offering something new and different from what the competition is offering
- Create a strong message for your product launch
- Use a wide range of marketing tools, such as social media, blogging, email marketing, etc., to promote your product launch.
- Distribute leaflets or promotional items with information about your new product.
- Don’t send out press releases until you ensure the media finds it interesting enough to publish.
- Contact magazines and newspapers to inform them of the launch date of the new product and that they can get a preview of it if they write an article about it
- Organize free seminars or workshops where people can learn more about your new product in person, instead of marketing it online
- Try to distribute the word out in different locations so that you can find potential clients in many places
- Never lose sight of the fact that the success of your new product launch is not based on how many people sign up to buy it but if people actually show up at the launch date
- Make sure there is a buzz about your product during its entire life cycle, not just before its launch.
Social media has a huge impact on your brand awareness. In addition, just having a social media account will not help you improve your brand’s awareness. The reason for this is that if no one follows you, for example, on Twitter, or views your Facebook page, there is little to no awareness about your brand. Therefore, you have to strategically plan a social media campaign to get people talking about your brand.Just having a social media account will not help you improve your brand's awareness. #brandawareness Click To Tweet
The Importance of an Impressive Company Logo for Brand Awareness
An outstanding company logo is a key component of brand awareness. An excellent example of this is the Apple logo, which has been around since 1976 and is still strong today.
Ronald Wayne designed the first Apple logo, and it featured Isaac Newton sitting under an apple tree. This logo wasn’t an immense success. Mainly because the logo looked more like a logo for a beer brand, rather than a computer company. The logo didn’t last longer than a year.
Rob Janoff redesigned the Apple logo in 1977. It featured a rainbow-colored apple with a bite taken out of it. This logo was used for more than 25 years.
In May 1997, the company unveiled its new logo. the rainbow colors were replaced with a light blue color.
This logo changed its color multiple times until 2014 when Apple unveiled its current logo known today.
The strategy behind the logo change was to transform Apple from a company known for its colorful sounds and images on computers to one considered stylish.
Apple logo has achieved an excellent reputation in many areas, including brand awareness.
Some tactics to boost your brand awareness
- Ensure that any promotional campaign you implement includes loyalty cards, which can be used as a platform to launch a wide variety of marketing campaigns.
- Make sure that product packaging is designed so that consumers can recognize it when they look at the shelves.
- Ensure your brand name is on all your promotional materials.
- Create an attractive and memorable logo for your brand.
- Develop customer relationship management (CRM) software for your business.
- Add e-commerce to your website to improve brand awareness.
- Communicate with potential clients through social media marketing.
- Make sure people can find out more about you on the internet by adding more pages to your website.
- Improve brand awareness by using display advertising or traditional advertising campaigns.
- Make sure you’re offering something new and different from what the competition is offering.
- Look for opportunities to increase interactions with customers by hosting various events at different locations.
A brand awareness campaign is much more than just launching a new product. It takes time, patience, and strategic planning to create something that will stand out from the competition. The last thing you want to do is launch a new product, only to find it fails miserably because people don’t know about it, or there has been no marketing effort to promote it. The good news is that your brand awareness campaign can increase exponentially when you have a strong social media presence.